What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, High-yield debt, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Planning horizon, Mass production, Software bug, Length of stay, Yield Management, National Railway, Opera house, Point of interest, Corporate image, Financial engineering, Price discrimination, Capacity management, Frequent flier, Market segmentation, Real time policy, Communications service provider, Low cost carrier, Control system, Loyalty business model, Car rental, Cruise line, Airline seat, Production management, Customer satisfaction, Multi-family residential, American Airlines, Hospitality industry, Weighted mean, Financial markets, Backstage pass, The Coca-Cola Company, Vertical bar, Mathematical models, Algorithmic pricing, Relationship marketing, Fixed price, People Express Airlines, Last minute advertising, Variable cost, Behavioral Operations Research, Die Zeit, Revenue shortfall, Airline ticket, Experimental economics, Pricing power, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Inverse probability, Global economy, Dynamic programming, Real-time charging, Luxury vehicles, Marginal revenue, General Motors:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Yield Management management and point out Yield Management tensions in leadership.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Yield Management. How do we gain traction?
– What is the purpose of Yield Management in relation to the mission?
– Is Supporting Yield Management documentation required?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Refer to High-yield debt visions and describe which business rules are needed as High-yield debt interface.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– What is the source of the strategies for Yield Management strengthening and reform?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Expected Marginal Seat Revenue goals and gather Expected Marginal Seat Revenue models .
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is Yield Management Required?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Survey Planning horizon visions and tour deciding if Planning horizon progress is made.
– Do we monitor the Yield Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
– How do we go about Comparing Yield Management approaches/solutions?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Match Mass production quality and look in other fields.
– How can you negotiate Yield Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Yield Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
– How much does Yield Management help?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Software bug management and separate what are the business goals Software bug is aiming to achieve.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Yield Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Yield Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Yield Management moving forward?
Length of stay Critical Criteria:
Match Length of stay outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Length of stay.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Yield Management forward?
– Does Yield Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Confer over Yield Management failures and innovate what needs to be done with Yield Management.
– How important is Yield Management to the user organizations mission?
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Face National Railway goals and gather National Railway models .
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
– Are we Assessing Yield Management and Risk?
Opera house Critical Criteria:
Sort Opera house adoptions and define Opera house competency-based leadership.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Yield Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Yield Management project?
Point of interest Critical Criteria:
Use past Point of interest issues and figure out ways to motivate other Point of interest users.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Yield Management process?
Corporate image Critical Criteria:
Consult on Corporate image strategies and oversee Corporate image management by competencies.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Will Yield Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is Effective Yield Management?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Track Financial engineering projects and figure out ways to motivate other Financial engineering users.
– Which customers cant participate in our Yield Management domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is the scope of Yield Management defined?
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Sort Price discrimination tasks and get going.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Yield Management?
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
– Do we all define Yield Management in the same way?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Capacity management issues and adopt an insight outlook.
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– Is there a Yield Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Frequent flier Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Frequent flier management and remodel and develop an effective Frequent flier strategy.
– In a project to restructure Yield Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are our needs in relation to Yield Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Market segmentation strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Real time policy visions and find answers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Yield Management?
– What are the disruptive Yield Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Communications service provider leadership and remodel and develop an effective Communications service provider strategy.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Yield Management services/products?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Yield Management processes of our organization?
– Are there recognized Yield Management problems?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Deduce Low cost carrier engagements and define Low cost carrier competency-based leadership.
– Can we add value to the current Yield Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
Control system Critical Criteria:
Confer re Control system risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Has your organization conducted a cyber risk or vulnerability assessment of its information systems, control systems, and other networked systems?
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– How do we measure improved Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– What is a Management Control System?
– What is your quality control system?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Chat re Loyalty business model decisions and find out.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Yield Management?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Yield Management Management?
Car rental Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Car rental results and optimize Car rental leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are specific Yield Management Rules to follow?
Cruise line Critical Criteria:
Test Cruise line risks and oversee Cruise line requirements.
– Does the Yield Management task fit the clients priorities?
– How can we improve Yield Management?
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Talk about Airline seat quality and correct better engagement with Airline seat results.
– Are there Yield Management Models?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Grade Production management decisions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Production management projects.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Yield Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Yield Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Survey Customer satisfaction leadership and intervene in Customer satisfaction processes and leadership.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Multi-family residential Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Multi-family residential tactics and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Multi-family residential results.
– Who sets the Yield Management standards?
– What is our Yield Management Strategy?
American Airlines Critical Criteria:
Guide American Airlines adoptions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough American Airlines results.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Yield Management move?
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Hospitality industry tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Hospitality industry skills.
– How do we go about Securing Yield Management?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Dissect Weighted mean risks and do something to it.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What business benefits will Yield Management goals deliver if achieved?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Audit Financial markets goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Financial markets.
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
Backstage pass Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Backstage pass management and innovate what needs to be done with Backstage pass.
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Yield Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Focus on The Coca-Cola Company governance and revise understanding of The Coca-Cola Company architectures.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Yield Management study?
– Why are Yield Management skills important?
Vertical bar Critical Criteria:
Generalize Vertical bar outcomes and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Vertical bar.
– What threat is Yield Management addressing?
Mathematical models Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Mathematical models issues and acquire concise Mathematical models education.
– Do Yield Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
– Are there Yield Management problems defined?
Algorithmic pricing Critical Criteria:
Confer re Algorithmic pricing planning and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Algorithmic pricing.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Yield Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Yield Management project manager?
– Is the Yield Management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Relationship marketing Critical Criteria:
Value Relationship marketing governance and point out Relationship marketing tensions in leadership.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Yield Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Does relationship marketing age well?
Fixed price Critical Criteria:
Sort Fixed price goals and revise understanding of Fixed price architectures.
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– Among the Yield Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Yield Management leaders?
People Express Airlines Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over People Express Airlines projects and document what potential People Express Airlines megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Systematize Last minute advertising issues and probe Last minute advertising strategic alliances.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Yield Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What are the long-term Yield Management goals?
Variable cost Critical Criteria:
Match Variable cost engagements and overcome Variable cost skills and management ineffectiveness.
Behavioral Operations Research Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Behavioral Operations Research governance and research ways can we become the Behavioral Operations Research company that would put us out of business.
– How do we manage Yield Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Die Zeit outcomes and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Die Zeit.
– What is our formula for success in Yield Management ?
Revenue shortfall Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Revenue shortfall decisions and create Revenue shortfall explanations for all managers.
Airline ticket Critical Criteria:
Judge Airline ticket results and shift your focus.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Yield Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Have you identified your Yield Management key performance indicators?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Nurse Experimental economics tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Experimental economics.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Yield Management activities?
– What are our Yield Management Processes?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Learn from Pricing power issues and reduce Pricing power costs.
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Critical Criteria:
Discuss Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences issues and change contexts.
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
Inverse probability Critical Criteria:
Depict Inverse probability leadership and track iterative Inverse probability results.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Yield Management project?
– How do we keep improving Yield Management?
Global economy Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Global economy quality and be persistent.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Model after Dynamic programming tasks and customize techniques for implementing Dynamic programming controls.
Real-time charging Critical Criteria:
Canvass Real-time charging planning and find out.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Yield Management?
– How can the value of Yield Management be defined?
Luxury vehicles Critical Criteria:
Face Luxury vehicles governance and define Luxury vehicles competency-based leadership.
– Does Yield Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Marginal revenue Critical Criteria:
Discourse Marginal revenue projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Yield Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Graph General Motors goals and gather General Motors models .
– Does Yield Management create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Is a Yield Management Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
Can Yield Management Change the Future of Food & …
yield management Flashcards | Quizlet
High-yield debt External links:
Clouds start to form over high-yield debt – Financial Times
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – TheFreeDictionary
Expected marginal seat revenue – WOW.com
EMSR abbreviation stands for Expected Marginal Seat Revenue
Planning horizon External links:
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida …
[PDF]Financial Planning Horizon: A Measure of Time …
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
Mass production External links:
Mass production. (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
massproductionlesson | Printmaking | Mass Production
[PPT]MASS PRODUCTION – deu.edu.tr
Software bug External links:
Apple fixes software bug in iPhone 6 – Sep. 26, 2014
AlienFX Software Bug | Alienware community
Length of stay External links:
The Length of Stay (LOS) report in LTC Trend Tracker calculates the median LOS for all new admissions from a hospital. As well as the percentage of new admissions who have stays of 7 days or fewer, 14 days or fewer, 20 days or fewer and. 45 days or fewer.
Novel ER Protocol for AF Cuts Admissions, Length of Stay
Yield Management External links:
Can Yield Management Change the Future of Food & …
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
yield management Flashcards | Quizlet
National Railway External links:
Canadian National Railway is Oversold – Nasdaq.com
Canadian National Railway Company Common Stock …
Opera house External links:
Welcome to the Lancaster Opera House!
Sydney Opera House – Official Site
City Opera House | City Opera House
Point of interest External links:
Guild Wars 2 – Durmand Priory Point of Interest – YouTube
point of interest – Thesaurus.com | Synonyms and …
Point of Interest | Transamerica Pyramid Center
Corporate image External links:
Western Corporate Image – Home | Facebook
ciainc.com – Corporate Image Apparel Inc
Corporate Image Outfitters – CATALOG
Financial engineering External links:
2018 Best Master’s of Financial Engineering Programs | …
What is Financial Engineering – IAQF
Price discrimination External links:
Is price discrimination good or bad? – Updated – Quora
Capacity management External links:
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity management primary goal is to ensure that IT resources are right-sized to meet current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner.
http://Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Frequent flier External links:
Maximize Your Travel Points & Frequent Flier Miles
Market segmentation External links:
6 Best Market Segmentation Examples – …
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Real time policy External links:
Real Time Policy Services – GAPro System, Inc.
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Control system External links:
BrewJacket – Homebrew Temperature Control System
Loyalty business model External links:
Business Models and Architecture: The Loyalty business model
Loyalty business model – housingwire.com
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
Car rental External links:
National Car Rental – Official Site
Car Rental Locations – Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Cruise line External links:
Norwegian Cruise Line: Log in
LOG IN – Norwegian Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line – Official Site
Airline seat External links:
Judge Orders Review Of Airline Seat Sizes, Legroom – …
Production management External links:
Dental Lab Customer and Production Management – …
Video, TV & Film Production Management Software | StudioBinder
Production Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Customer satisfaction External links:
Long John Silver’s Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Raising Cane’s Customer Satisfaction Survey
McDVoice.com – McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction …
Multi-family residential External links:
Multi-Family Residential Units News from Merced Sun …
American Airlines External links:
Search for an Open Position – American Airlines
American Airlines – Login
Promotion over page – American Airlines
Hospitality industry External links:
Food Safety Courses & Training | Hospitality Industry …
Weighted mean External links:
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Compute a weighted mean in SAS – The DO Loop
What is weighted mean? QuestionPro Online Survey …
Financial markets External links:
Blockchain-Powered Financial Markets – EquiChain
Vision Financial Markets Investor Access
Backstage pass External links:
Backstage Pass – My Account | Musician’s Friend
REO Rockstars – Your backstage pass to WILD success in …
Backstage Pass Tours | Tennessee Aquarium – IMAX Movies
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
Careers at The Coca-Cola Company
Vertical bar External links:
Vertical Bar Graph – TeacherVision
Mathematical models External links:
Mathematical Models of Cancer – dash.harvard.edu
mathematical models | Fort Collins Science Center
Mathematical models, (Book, 1961) [WorldCat.org]
Algorithmic pricing External links:
Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On …
Which companies use dynamic algorithmic pricing? – …
Relationship marketing External links:
Relationship Marketing Flashcards | Quizlet
Creative Customer Relationship Marketing — FedEx
Amazing Relationship Marketing Examples With Dos And …
Fixed price External links:
MO Fixed Price Vehicles
Fixed Price Residual Policy | Policies & Procedures
People Express Airlines External links:
People Express Airlines Alumni Reunion Custom Ink …
Variable cost External links:
variable cost – Everything2.com
What is a variable cost? definition and meaning
What is a variable cost? — AccountingTools
Behavioral Operations Research External links:
behavioral operations research Pictures, Images & …
http://photobucket.com/images/behavioral operations research
Die Zeit External links:
Die Zeit | German newspaper | Britannica.com
Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück (TV Movie 2017) – IMDb
Inu Yasha Opening 1~Fliegt durch die Zeit (Deutsch …
Revenue shortfall External links:
Tax revenue shortfall could hit $575 million | WWLP.com
Airline ticket External links:
United Airlines – Airline Tickets, Travel Deals and Flights
Experimental economics External links:
“Experimental Economics” by Elizabeth Hoffman
Experimental Economics – Springer
Experimental economics (eBook, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
Pricing power External links:
What is PRICING POWER? definition of PRICING POWER …
pricing power | Hallmark Abstract LLC
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences External links:
3 Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
Inverse probability External links:
Inverse probability weights in r – Stack Overflow
Global economy External links:
The Global Economy in 2018 – Council on Foreign Relations
Dynamic programming External links:
c – Coin Change :Dynamic Programming – Stack Overflow
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
Dynamic Programming Practice Problems
Luxury vehicles External links:
Certified Pre-Owned Luxury Vehicles – Cadillac
New GMC Denali Luxury Vehicles | Luxury Trucks and SUVs
Marginal revenue External links:
What is marginal revenue? definition and meaning
General Motors External links:
Future Vehicles | General Motors
General Motors Company Common Stock (GM) – NASDAQ.com