What is involved in Systems modeling
Find out what the related areas are that Systems modeling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Systems modeling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Systems modeling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Systems modeling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Systems modeling related domains to cover and 312 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Systems modeling, Agile software development, Software architecture, Extreme programming, Agent based modeling, Verification and validation, Software deployment, Software quality, Ingeman Arbnor, Functional decomposition, Computer science, Entity–relationship model, ISO/IEC 15504, Electrical engineering, Biological systems engineering, Reliability engineering, Mathematical modeling, Waterfall model, Object-oriented programming, SEQUAL framework, Quality function deployment, Business process, Mathematical optimization, Trygve Reenskaug, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Work breakdown structure, Rapid application development, Software testing, Aspect-oriented software development, Object model, Software prototyping, Information technology, Functional Flow Block Diagram, Systems biology modeling, Computer programming, Operations research, Bertrand Meyer, System theory, Björn Bjerke, Enterprise systems engineering, Behavioral modeling, Service-oriented architecture, Complex systems, Alain Wegmann, Information algebra, System integration, Data model, Project management, Wernher von Braun, Business process modeling, Aerospace engineering, Western world, Spiral model, Software engineering, Data modeling, Software design, Ruzena Bajcsy, Enterprise modelling, System model, Risk management, Critical systems thinking, Control engineering, Safety engineering, Structured analysis, System lifecycle, Function model, Systems development life cycle, Configuration management:
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Systems modeling governance and find out what it really means.
– To what extent does management recognize Systems modeling as a tool to increase the results?
– Have you identified your Systems modeling key performance indicators?
– What are our Systems modeling Processes?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Jump start Agile software development tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Agile software development services.
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Can research really be relegated to a series of steps that when performed in sequence result in a new product?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– What scaling factors should we consider when tailoring our approach?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– Is Internet-speed software development different?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Heritage of traditional methods?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
– Why Agile, and Why Now?
– What about large teams?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– A separate test team?
– What is Agility ?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Nurse Software architecture projects and get the big picture.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Systems modeling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Systems modeling process available?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Systems modeling project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Is Systems modeling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Sort Extreme programming adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Systems modeling activities?
– Does Systems modeling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– Do we have past Systems modeling Successes?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Agent based modeling Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Agent based modeling leadership and create Agent based modeling explanations for all managers.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Systems modeling Management?
– What are the usability implications of Systems modeling actions?
– Which Systems modeling goals are the most important?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Recall Verification and validation tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Verification and validation strategies.
– How can you negotiate Systems modeling successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How would one define Systems modeling leadership?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software deployment engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
– When a Systems modeling manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are the barriers to increased Systems modeling production?
– How much does Systems modeling help?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Software quality engagements and sort Software quality activities.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Systems modeling. How do we gain traction?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Does Systems modeling systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
Ingeman Arbnor Critical Criteria:
Categorize Ingeman Arbnor risks and report on the economics of relationships managing Ingeman Arbnor and constraints.
– Does Systems modeling create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Systems modeling project?
– What are the business goals Systems modeling is aiming to achieve?
Functional decomposition Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Functional decomposition results and reduce Functional decomposition costs.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Systems modeling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Systems modeling processes?
– Is Systems modeling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Computer science results and innovate what needs to be done with Computer science.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Systems modeling? There might be some that are less obvious?
Entity–relationship model Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Entity–relationship model results and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Systems modeling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– what is the best design framework for Systems modeling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Have a session on ISO/IEC 15504 goals and look in other fields.
– Who sets the Systems modeling standards?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Scan Electrical engineering goals and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are all of our Systems modeling domains and what do they do?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Look at Biological systems engineering tactics and transcribe Biological systems engineering as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Systems modeling values?
– Why should we adopt a Systems modeling framework?
– Is the scope of Systems modeling defined?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Reliability engineering engagements and display thorough understanding of the Reliability engineering process.
– For your Systems modeling project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Systems modeling project?
Mathematical modeling Critical Criteria:
Group Mathematical modeling engagements and ask questions.
– How will you know that the Systems modeling project has been successful?
– What is Effective Systems modeling?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Waterfall model tactics and observe effective Waterfall model.
– What are internal and external Systems modeling relations?
– What will drive Systems modeling change?
– How do we Lead with Systems modeling in Mind?
Object-oriented programming Critical Criteria:
Graph Object-oriented programming risks and find out.
– Will Systems modeling have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Can we do Systems modeling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Are there Systems modeling problems defined?
SEQUAL framework Critical Criteria:
Consult on SEQUAL framework engagements and forecast involvement of future SEQUAL framework projects in development.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Systems modeling forward?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Investigate Quality function deployment quality and maintain Quality function deployment for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Systems modeling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Systems modeling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Business process engagements and figure out ways to motivate other Business process users.
– Do we identify maximum allowable downtime for critical business functions, acceptable levels of data loss and backlogged transactions, RTOs, RPOs, recovery of the critical path (i.e., business processes or systems that should receive the highest priority), and the costs associated with downtime? Are the approved thresholds appropriate?
– Have the segments, goals and performance objectives been translated into an actionable and realistic target business and information architecture expressed within business functions, business processes, and information requirements?
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– What are the disruptive Systems modeling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– Do we have detailed information on the business process for refunds and charge backs if they are required?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Systems modeling?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– What is the business process?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Mathematical optimization adoptions and explain and analyze the challenges of Mathematical optimization.
– Think about the people you identified for your Systems modeling project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does Systems modeling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What business benefits will Systems modeling goals deliver if achieved?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Adapt Trygve Reenskaug tactics and find answers.
– Think of your Systems modeling project. what are the main functions?
– What is our formula for success in Systems modeling ?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Investigate Edsger W. Dijkstra leadership and perfect Edsger W. Dijkstra conflict management.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Systems modeling process?
– How do we go about Comparing Systems modeling approaches/solutions?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Administer Work breakdown structure goals and question.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Systems modeling in a volatile global economy?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
– How can we improve Systems modeling?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Rapid application development governance and document what potential Rapid application development megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– Why wait years to develop systems likely to be obsolete upon completion?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Economic feasibility -is the solution cost-effective?
– Should it be monitored by standard monitoring tools?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– Is the functionality visible through the uis?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– What is architected rad?
– When use RAD?
Software testing Critical Criteria:
Guide Software testing adoptions and correct better engagement with Software testing results.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Systems modeling, including any consulting or professional services?
– What is the purpose of Systems modeling in relation to the mission?
– Who needs to know about Systems modeling ?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Grade Aspect-oriented software development planning and look at the big picture.
– Why are Systems modeling skills important?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Object model results and define what do we need to start doing with Object model.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Systems modeling?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Learn from Software prototyping risks and separate what are the business goals Software prototyping is aiming to achieve.
– Does Systems modeling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Is Supporting Systems modeling documentation required?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Detail Information technology leadership and handle a jump-start course to Information technology.
– Can we add value to the current Systems modeling decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Do we all define Systems modeling in the same way?
– Is a Systems modeling Team Work effort in place?
Functional Flow Block Diagram Critical Criteria:
Chart Functional Flow Block Diagram results and separate what are the business goals Functional Flow Block Diagram is aiming to achieve.
– Is there a Systems modeling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can the value of Systems modeling be defined?
Systems biology modeling Critical Criteria:
Canvass Systems biology modeling tactics and find answers.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Systems modeling experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How to Secure Systems modeling?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Scan Computer programming quality and integrate design thinking in Computer programming innovation.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Systems modeling workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Systems modeling into the services that we provide?
– Does Systems modeling analysis show the relationships among important Systems modeling factors?
Operations research Critical Criteria:
Investigate Operations research risks and forecast involvement of future Operations research projects in development.
– What are the key elements of your Systems modeling performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Systems modeling agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is the source of the strategies for Systems modeling strengthening and reform?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Deduce Bertrand Meyer outcomes and budget for Bertrand Meyer challenges.
– How important is Systems modeling to the user organizations mission?
System theory Critical Criteria:
Understand System theory decisions and gather System theory models .
Björn Bjerke Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Björn Bjerke goals and define what our big hairy audacious Björn Bjerke goal is.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Systems modeling strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Are accountability and ownership for Systems modeling clearly defined?
– Is there any existing Systems modeling governance structure?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Categorize Enterprise systems engineering tasks and look for lots of ideas.
– In what ways are Systems modeling vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is our Systems modeling Strategy?
Behavioral modeling Critical Criteria:
Detail Behavioral modeling results and drive action.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Systems modeling models, tools and techniques are necessary?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Canvass Service-oriented architecture visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Service-oriented architecture projects.
– Which customers cant participate in our Systems modeling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Systems modeling leaders?
Complex systems Critical Criteria:
Judge Complex systems management and triple focus on important concepts of Complex systems relationship management.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How do we know that any Systems modeling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Alain Wegmann Critical Criteria:
Generalize Alain Wegmann management and maintain Alain Wegmann for success.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Systems modeling ?
– Who will provide the final approval of Systems modeling deliverables?
Information algebra Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Information algebra decisions and correct Information algebra management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Systems modeling services/products?
– What threat is Systems modeling addressing?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Wrangle System integration engagements and reduce System integration costs.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Systems modeling processes?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Discuss Data model engagements and point out improvements in Data model.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Systems modeling is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Systems modeling effort?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Check Project management results and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Project management projects.
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Key problem solving knowledge resides with the knowledge workers, and not the manager. So, how do we adapt project management techniques to deal with this key reality?
– Which existing processes, tools and templates for executing projects can be applied to the agile project management framework?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What about when our product is an integration of several different products, each with their own product owner?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– Our project management standards do they support or undermine Risk Management?
– How will jettisoning certain processes and structure impact the business?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– How much project management is needed?
– What is scrum?
– Who is a customer?
Wernher von Braun Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Wernher von Braun tasks and summarize a clear Wernher von Braun focus.
– Are there Systems modeling Models?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Business process modeling engagements and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Business process modeling results.
– How do we Improve Systems modeling service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we keep improving Systems modeling?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Track Aerospace engineering projects and catalog what business benefits will Aerospace engineering goals deliver if achieved.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Systems modeling process?
– Are we Assessing Systems modeling and Risk?
Western world Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Western world governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Western world information.
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Spiral model tasks and prioritize challenges of Spiral model.
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Focus on Software engineering governance and spearhead techniques for implementing Software engineering.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Participate in Data modeling goals and prioritize challenges of Data modeling.
– How do we Identify specific Systems modeling investment and emerging trends?
– Does our organization need more Systems modeling education?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Talk about Software design planning and handle a jump-start course to Software design.
– How is the value delivered by Systems modeling being measured?
– How do we maintain Systems modelings Integrity?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Coach on Ruzena Bajcsy management and sort Ruzena Bajcsy activities.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Systems modeling processes of our organization?
Enterprise modelling Critical Criteria:
Talk about Enterprise modelling issues and point out improvements in Enterprise modelling.
System model Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in System model strategies and innovate what needs to be done with System model.
– For faster system modelling, we do not want to enter EDS kernel for every change of every net or bus: so is it possible to pass larger objects around, or even send threads between components, like S/W does ?
– Will Systems modeling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Risk management issues and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Risk management projects.
– Have you fully developed a Risk Management plan for any outsourcing agreement from inception to termination – for whatever reason?
– Will our actions, process, program or procedure prevent access to necessary records or result in changes to data in them?
– Are you aware of anyone attempting (whether successfully or not) to gain unauthorized access to your system or its data?
– Is there a need to use a formal planning processes including planning meetings in order to assess and manage the risk?
– Does our organization do deliberate or unintentional sabotage is the staff being asked to over-perform?
– Does our organization have a Cybersecurity Risk Management process that is functioning and repeatable?
– Does the management team seek or receive routine updates on risks and advancements in Cybersecurity?
– Has your Cybersecurity plan been reviewed in the last year and updated as needed?
– Are resources allocated to remediate most vulnerable systems with the highest impact?
– Who performs your companys information and technology risk assessments?
– Do you adhere to, or apply, the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard?
– Is the Cybersecurity policy reviewed or audited?
– Have reporting expectations been established for entities?
– Is the risk above an acceptable level?
– Why Manage Risk ?
Critical systems thinking Critical Criteria:
Focus on Critical systems thinking visions and question.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Systems modeling study?
Control engineering Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Control engineering decisions and check on ways to get started with Control engineering.
– In the case of a Systems modeling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Systems modeling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Systems modeling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are our needs in relation to Systems modeling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Safety engineering Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Safety engineering visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Safety engineering projects.
– What are the short and long-term Systems modeling goals?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Structured analysis results and budget for Structured analysis challenges.
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Group System lifecycle outcomes and observe effective System lifecycle.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Systems modeling?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Define Function model tactics and question.
– Why is Systems modeling important for you now?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Investigate Systems development life cycle adoptions and change contexts.
– Consider your own Systems modeling project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– Have all basic functions of Systems modeling been defined?
– How will you measure your Systems modeling effectiveness?
Configuration management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Configuration management visions and adjust implementation of Configuration management.
– Is an asset management process(es) in place to inventory and manage this new asset (investment) from a property management perspective, to provide Configuration Management support, and to monitor system performance?
– A virtual local area network (vlan) is a physical grouping of network devices within a larger network. true or false?
– Are the design requirements for your facility or program established, documented and maintained?
– Have the scm standards for recording and reporting the change been followed?
– How will the software and documentation libraries be created and managed?
– When: when do you start to place an entity under configuration control?
– What: selection of configuration items (what should be managed?
– How do you make sure that the code base always builds reliably?
– How and when are baselines created and physically controlled?
– If all requirements are not met, are deficiencies identified?
– What baselines are required to be defined and managed?
– Which incidents should be logged by the service desk?
– What is a Configuration Management database (cmdb)?
– What is the smallest thing controlled and tracked?
– What test mechanisms do we have in place?
– Are user sign-off documents available?
– So what needs to be under scm?
– Other reviews to be performed?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Systems modeling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Systems modeling External links:
OMG SysML Tutorial – Systems Modeling Language
Engineering Change Management Concepts for Systems Modeling
OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML™)
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile? Learn About Agile Software Development
AOE: Agile Software Development & Technology Provider | AOE
Geekseat – Agile Software Development
Software architecture External links:
Introduction to Software Architecture – YouTube
The C4 model for software architecture
Archangel Design – Software Architecture Consulting
Extreme programming External links:
7BSP1018 – eXtreme Programming
Pro Net 20 Extreme Programming by Sabra Fedalen – issuu
Extreme programming – Home | Facebook
Agent based modeling External links:
agent Based Modeling – Scholarpedia
Verification and validation External links:
Senior Test Engineer to support product development/maintenance with verification and validation to test and qualify products and solutions. Key.
http://Anti-Tamper (AT) Systems Engineer 3/4 | IllinoisJobLink.com
Verification and Validation – YouTube
What is Verification and Validation? — Software Testing Help
Software deployment External links:
About Software Deployment – technet.microsoft.com
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT Compliance
Help Desk Course: Software Deployment SCCM – YouTube
Software quality External links:
R | TIOBE – The Software Quality Company
Software Quality Assurance Engineer – fcscs.com
EasyQA – TEST MANAGEMENT TOOL TO IMPROVE SOFTWARE QUALITY
Functional decomposition External links:
design – What is Functional Decomposition? – Stack Overflow
design – What is Functional Decomposition? – Stack Overflow
Functional decomposition by coepd – issuu
Computer science External links:
Computer Science Club of the University of Waterloo: Home
Computer Science Activities | Google CS First
Computer Science a Good Major? 2 – YouTube
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
Buy AS/NZS ISO/IEC 15504.1:2005 Information technology – Process assessment Concepts and vocabulary from SAI Global
http://AS/NZS ISO/IEC 15504.5:2013 – infostore.saiglobal.com
ISO/IEC 15504 measurement applied to COBIT process maturity
IT Process Assessment Based on ISO/IEC 15504 – YouTube
Electrical engineering External links:
BRS Electrical Engineering & Drafting Services
Comprehensive Electrical Engineering Services | SRO Group
School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications
Biological systems engineering External links:
What is Biological Systems Engineering? – YouTube
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State University
Biological Systems Engineering | Virginia Tech
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Reliability Engineering Assurance – ZEIT8039 – UNSW
Reliability Engineering Excellence — Life Cycle Engineering
Mathematical modeling External links:
A mathematical model is a description of a system using mathematical concepts and language. The process of developing a mathematical model is termed mathematical modeling.
MATHEMATICAL MODELING IN SCHOOL EDUCATION: …
MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF THE 2014/2015 EBOLA …
Waterfall model External links:
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Waterfall model documentation – Stack Overflow
What is Waterfall Model? – Definition from Techopedia
Object-oriented programming External links:
What Is Object-Oriented Programming? – Upwork
Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
Object-oriented programming – ScienceDaily
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment – Home | Facebook
Quality Function Deployment (QFD) – Wiley: Home
Information quality function deployment – USQ ePrints
Business process External links:
Business Process & Document Automation Software – Esker
Title Business Process Jobs (with Salaries) | Indeed.com
Business Process Document Template – Project management
Mathematical optimization External links:
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in Healthcare
Trends in Mathematical Optimization | SpringerLink
Numerical Methods of Mathematical Optimization – ScienceDirect
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra on Dutch TV – YouTube
Edsger W. Dijkstra – Scientist | Facebook
Edsger W. Dijkstra 831.PDF – Google Drive
Work breakdown structure External links:
PMA – 3.Plan – Develop Work Breakdown Structure
Scope of Work Documentation: Work Breakdown Structure
Work Breakdown Structure – YouTube
Rapid application development External links:
K2 as a Rapid Application Development Tool – DynAPPix
Rapid Application Development Model: definition and stages
Rapid Application Development – RMIT University
Software testing External links:
Tricentis Accelerate – Software Testing Conference
Software Testing Tools & Test Management Software | Zephyr
TestLodge Blog – Software Testing & Quality Assurance News
Aspect-oriented software development External links:
Aspect-Oriented Software Development – CORDIS
Aspect-Oriented Software Development and Software Process
Aspect-Oriented Software Development
Object model External links:
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
Introduction to the Document Object Model – YouTube
Document Object Model (DOM) – World Wide Web Consortium …
Software prototyping External links:
Chap 2 | Organizational Structure | Software Prototyping
Software Prototyping Company – Home | Facebook
Methods for Software Prototyping – sce.uhcl.edu
Information technology External links:
UCA VicTas – Information Technology Services
FITT – Females in Information Technology & Telecommunications
Information Technology Services (ITS) – Flinders University
Functional Flow Block Diagram External links:
FFBD abbreviation stands for Functional Flow Block Diagram
Functional flow block diagram – WOW.com
functional flow block diagram_pdf – docscrewbanks.com
Systems biology modeling External links:
Systems biology modeling – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Systems biology modeling&item_type=topic
8c060 Systems Biology Modeling Competition – home
GitHub – Vessy/sysBio: R package for systems biology modeling
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Computer Programming for Everybody | Python.org
Operations research External links:
Operations Research Letters – Journal – Elsevier
Operations Research 1 – RMIT University
Operations Research of Management Science – Decision Analyst
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer-Stabley | Facebook
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer | Facebook
System theory External links:
Pat Ebright – Complex Adaptive System Theory – YouTube
Open System Theory: A Summary – YouTube
Mathematical System Theory
Björn Bjerke External links:
Björn Bjerke Profiles | Facebook
Björn Bjerke | Facebook
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering Key Concepts – SEBoK
A Framework for Enterprise Systems Engineering Processes
Enterprise Systems Engineering Theory and Practice
Behavioral modeling External links:
Creo Behavioral Modeling Extension (BMX) Webinar – YouTube
Behavioral Modeling Definition | Investopedia
Behavioral Modeling Sets up ATM Design | EE Times
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Standards | The Open Group
Understanding Service-Oriented Architecture
Service-Oriented Architecture Ontology, Version 2.0
Complex systems External links:
C3S | Complex Systems and Small Satellites
MIT’s Architecture of Complex Systems Online Course |MIT xPRO
The Hidden Fragility of Complex Systems – issuu
Alain Wegmann External links:
Alain Wegmann | Facebook
Information algebra External links:
[1201.2980v1] Information algebra system of soft sets
An information Algebra
System integration External links:
WSI – Wireless System Integration – is an IoT enabler
Turnkey Transmission, System Integration Service Providers
Bakery System Integration | Integrated Bakery
Data model External links:
Tile Data model server – Windows 10 Service – batcmd.com
IATA – Industry Data Model
CEDS Data Model
Project management External links:
Project Resource Partners – Contract and Project management
Project Management Consultancy | PM-Partners group
Certifications | Project Management Institute
Wernher von Braun External links:
Dr. Wernher von Braun | NASA
Wernher Von Braun-The Father of Rocket Science – Home
Tom Lehrer – Wernher Von Braun Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Business process modeling External links:
Business Process Modeling Overview – Project Perfect
What is Business Process Modeling Notation | Lucidchart
Business Process Modeling with BPMN – YouTube
Aerospace engineering External links:
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Journal of Aerospace Engineering | ASCE Library
48 Aerospace Engineering Jobs in Australia | Adzuna
Western world External links:
Soul Boys of The Western World – Official Trailer – YouTube
Western World (2017) – Rotten Tomatoes
The Conflict Between Western World and Islam
Spiral model External links:
Spiral Model – Accuracy&Aesthetics
Spiral Model – Software Development Life cycle Model
What is spiral model by Software Testing Books – issuu
Software engineering External links:
Contact – IBL Software Engineering
Bsa 385 – intro to software engineering – issuu
Products – IBL Software Engineering
Data modeling External links:
What are the best data modeling tools? – Quora
Multiple Fact Tables Data Modeling | Qlik Community
Logic Data Modeling 1 – Introduction – YouTube
Software design External links:
Software Design for Medical Devices-Americas
Custom Software Design & Development | FrogSlayer
Web and Mobile Software Design and Development | Bitbean
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy – People @ EECS at UC Berkeley
Enterprise modelling External links:
About POEM Methodology – Process Oriented Enterprise Modelling
Business Process Management and Enterprise Modelling
Enterprise Modelling « Processworks Group
System model External links:
How To Make a Solar System Model | Creekside Learning
ViPlan Learning System for the Viable System Model
Bronfenbrenner Ecological System Model – YouTube
Risk management External links:
Energy Edge | Risk Management | Energy Market Analysis
Paladin Risk Management Services | Courses & Consultancy
Efficient Safety and Risk Management | Beakon Software
Critical systems thinking External links:
CRITICAL SYSTEMS THINKING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Critical Systems Thinking – blouse.store
Critical systems thinking and practice – ScienceDirect
Control engineering External links:
Process control engineering services – MIPAC
Services – Measurement Control Engineering
Advanced Control Engineering – ScienceDirect
Safety engineering External links:
Fire Check Consultants – Fire Safety Engineering
What is Fire Safety Engineering?
Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) – PROLINK
Structured analysis External links:
Structured Analysis SSADM | TED-Ed
Structured Analysis for Requirements Definition
Just Enough Structured Analysis (Yourdon).pdf – Google Drive
System lifecycle External links:
System lifecycle – Dobson & Associates
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
System Lifecycle – YouTube
Function model External links:
Discrete transfer function model – MSE – MyWebPages
Systems development life cycle External links:
MANAGING THE SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE
PP-SDLC The privacy protecting systems development life cycle
The Systems Development Life Cycle
Configuration management External links:
Configuration Management Cmdlets – technet.microsoft.com
ITIL Asset and Configuration Management – BMC Software
ITPA Free Online Short Course: Configuration Management