What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 144 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, Weighted mean, Hospitality industry, Cruise line, Loyalty business model, Global economy, Behavioral Operations Research, Marginal revenue, Financial engineering, Multi-family residential, Last minute advertising, Pricing power, Point of interest, Real time policy, Neural network, Revenue Analytics, Low cost carrier, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Mass production, Electronic commerce, Mathematical models, Capacity management, Airline seat, United Parcel Service, National Car Rental, General Motors, Airline ticket, Supply and demand, Net profit, Price point, Opera house, Revenue shortfall, High-yield debt, Variable cost, Revenue management, Die Zeit, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Experimental economics, National Railway, Dynamic packaging, Variable pricing, Deutsche Bahn, Price discrimination, Inverse probability, Global Distribution System, Market segmentation, Customer satisfaction, Vending machine, Dynamic programming, Production management, Yield Management, The Coca-Cola Company, Communications service provider, Financial markets:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Yield Management decisions and improve Yield Management service perception.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Yield Management processes?
– What about Yield Management Analysis of results?
– Are we Assessing Yield Management and Risk?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Weighted mean leadership and overcome Weighted mean skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Do those selected for the Yield Management team have a good general understanding of what Yield Management is all about?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Yield Management moving forward?
– How do we keep improving Yield Management?
Hospitality industry Critical Criteria:
Judge Hospitality industry planning and grade techniques for implementing Hospitality industry controls.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Yield Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Yield Management project?
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
Cruise line Critical Criteria:
Apply Cruise line tasks and do something to it.
– what is the best design framework for Yield Management organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Does Yield Management analysis show the relationships among important Yield Management factors?
– Is there a Yield Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Loyalty business model quality and find the essential reading for Loyalty business model researchers.
– Are assumptions made in Yield Management stated explicitly?
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
– How to Secure Yield Management?
Global economy Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Global economy decisions and integrate design thinking in Global economy innovation.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Yield Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
Behavioral Operations Research Critical Criteria:
Study Behavioral Operations Research visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Behavioral Operations Research decisions.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Yield Management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Yield Management forward?
– What are all of our Yield Management domains and what do they do?
Marginal revenue Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Marginal revenue engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Does Yield Management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Yield Management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we measure improved Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Financial engineering Critical Criteria:
Guard Financial engineering tasks and grade techniques for implementing Financial engineering controls.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Yield Management services/products?
– Among the Yield Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
Multi-family residential Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Multi-family residential governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Multi-family residential projects.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Yield Management models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Map Last minute advertising planning and find answers.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Yield Management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Can we do Yield Management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are internal and external Yield Management relations?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Investigate Pricing power results and catalog what business benefits will Pricing power goals deliver if achieved.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Yield Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is Yield Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
Point of interest Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Point of interest strategies and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Yield Management values?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Yield Management study?
– Do we all define Yield Management in the same way?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Study Real time policy decisions and report on setting up Real time policy without losing ground.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
– What is our Yield Management Strategy?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Neural network quality and reduce Neural network costs.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Yield Management into the services that we provide?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Yield Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Revenue Analytics Critical Criteria:
Rank Revenue Analytics results and define Revenue Analytics competency-based leadership.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Yield Management process?
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Deduce Low cost carrier adoptions and find the essential reading for Low cost carrier researchers.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences results and budget for Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences challenges.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– What are the long-term Yield Management goals?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Chart Mass production quality and handle a jump-start course to Mass production.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Yield Management processes of our organization?
– How do we go about Comparing Yield Management approaches/solutions?
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Electronic commerce adoptions and explore and align the progress in Electronic commerce.
– Will Yield Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Yield Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
Mathematical models Critical Criteria:
Chart Mathematical models tasks and point out improvements in Mathematical models.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Yield Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we know that any Yield Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are the barriers to increased Yield Management production?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Match Capacity management quality and acquire concise Capacity management education.
– Consider your own Yield Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Application sizing is a technique used by capacity management. why is application sizing important?
– How do we Identify specific Yield Management investment and emerging trends?
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Check Airline seat quality and perfect Airline seat conflict management.
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
United Parcel Service Critical Criteria:
Investigate United Parcel Service goals and slay a dragon.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Yield Management opportunities costing us money?
– Will Yield Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How much does Yield Management help?
National Car Rental Critical Criteria:
Revitalize National Car Rental quality and get answers.
– What are the disruptive Yield Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Chart General Motors issues and finalize specific methods for General Motors acceptance.
– What is Effective Yield Management?
Airline ticket Critical Criteria:
Study Airline ticket risks and define what our big hairy audacious Airline ticket goal is.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Yield Management been identified and analyzed?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Graph Supply and demand issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Supply and demand results.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Yield Management project manager?
– Is the scope of Yield Management defined?
– Is Yield Management Required?
Net profit Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Net profit strategies and get going.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
– What will drive Yield Management change?
Price point Critical Criteria:
Study Price point visions and explore and align the progress in Price point.
– Do we monitor the Yield Management decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Opera house Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Opera house outcomes and oversee Opera house management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Yield Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Yield Management? There might be some that are less obvious?
Revenue shortfall Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Revenue shortfall issues and explore and align the progress in Revenue shortfall.
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Track High-yield debt adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive High-yield debt decisions.
– Is maximizing Yield Management protection the same as minimizing Yield Management loss?
– How important is Yield Management to the user organizations mission?
Variable cost Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Variable cost results and attract Variable cost skills.
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Investigate Revenue management visions and develop and take control of the Revenue management initiative.
– In what ways are Yield Management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Yield Management ?
– How do we manage Yield Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Investigate Die Zeit adoptions and ask what if.
– How can you negotiate Yield Management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Frame Expected Marginal Seat Revenue adoptions and separate what are the business goals Expected Marginal Seat Revenue is aiming to achieve.
– What are our Yield Management Processes?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Experimental economics quality and figure out ways to motivate other Experimental economics users.
– What are our needs in relation to Yield Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What business benefits will Yield Management goals deliver if achieved?
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Study National Railway decisions and slay a dragon.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Yield Management?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Yield Management Management?
Dynamic packaging Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Dynamic packaging issues and improve Dynamic packaging service perception.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Yield Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
– Are accountability and ownership for Yield Management clearly defined?
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Variable pricing strategies and budget for Variable pricing challenges.
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Deutsche Bahn planning and overcome Deutsche Bahn skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Price discrimination risks and plan concise Price discrimination education.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Yield Management?
– Is Supporting Yield Management documentation required?
Inverse probability Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Inverse probability quality and test out new things.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Yield Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Yield Management project lifecycle?
Global Distribution System Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Global Distribution System decisions and overcome Global Distribution System skills and management ineffectiveness.
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Market segmentation planning and mentor Market segmentation customer orientation.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– Have you identified your Yield Management key performance indicators?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Customer satisfaction tasks and summarize a clear Customer satisfaction focus.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Yield Management leaders?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
Vending machine Critical Criteria:
Talk about Vending machine decisions and maintain Vending machine for success.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Yield Management process?
– Why is Yield Management important for you now?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Dynamic programming planning and assess what counts with Dynamic programming that we are not counting.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Yield Management. How do we gain traction?
– Think of your Yield Management project. what are the main functions?
– How to deal with Yield Management Changes?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Value Production management planning and secure Production management creativity.
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Use past Yield Management tasks and acquire concise Yield Management education.
The Coca-Cola Company Critical Criteria:
Shape The Coca-Cola Company outcomes and create The Coca-Cola Company explanations for all managers.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Yield Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Yield Management process available?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Yield Management process?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Communications service provider visions and define what do we need to start doing with Communications service provider.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Yield Management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– For your Yield Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Financial markets leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Yield Management objectives?
– Does Yield Management appropriately measure and monitor risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
KLA-Tencor – Process Control and Yield Management …
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
Yield Management Solutions Digital Magazine
Weighted mean External links:
Compute a weighted mean in SAS – The DO Loop
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
Hospitality industry External links:
What is the Hospitality Industry? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
[PDF]Hospitality Industry – New York
Cruise line External links:
Norwegian Cruise Line: Log in
GCT – Grand Circle Travel & Grand Circle Cruise Line
Loyalty business model External links:
Loyalty business model – ERICA MILLS
loyalty business model | Adrian Swinscoe
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
Behavioral Operations Research External links:
Behavioral operations research – WOW.com
Marginal revenue External links:
How to Calculate Marginal Revenue | Chron.com
How to Calculate Marginal Revenue: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
Marginal Revenue – MR – Investopedia
Financial engineering External links:
Financial engineering (eBook, 2008) [WorldCat.org]
Financial engineering; | Library of Congress
Pricing power External links:
Point of interest External links:
Point of Interest – Discover Kodiak – Kodiak Island, Alaska
Point of Interest Data | MapQuest for Business
Credico Complaint or Point Of Interest Form – Formsite
Neural network External links:
What is bias in artificial neural network? – Quora
Movidius Neural Network Community
Neural Network Console
Revenue Analytics External links:
Revenue Analytics – Official Site
Advantage – Revenue Analytics
Low cost carrier External links:
Low Cost Carrier Rating Criteria – Airline Ratings
Mass production External links:
Mass Production – Investopedia
Mass Production Flashcards | Quizlet
Mass production | industry | Britannica.com
Electronic commerce External links:
NEXCOM Ship Stores Electronic Commerce Login – NECO
Barnes & Noble Electronic Commerce
[PDF]Electronic Commerce Customer Guide – AT&T
Mathematical models External links:
New mathematical models could help solve few-body …
Financial Mathematics | mathematical models for option pricing
Mathematical Models of Translating Mechanical Systems
Capacity management External links:
Capacity Management Solutions | Cerner
United Parcel Service External links:
United Parcel Service Inc. – The New York Times
Live United Parcel Service Flight Status FlightAware
Working at UNITED PARCEL SERVICE
National Car Rental External links:
15% Off National Car Rental Coupons & Codes – Coupon Cabin
National Car Rental Coupons, Promo Codes & 2.5% Cash …
National Car Rental Coupons – RetailMeNot
General Motors External links:
General Motors Vehicle Sites | Chevrolet
[PDF]General Motors Vehicle Purchase Programs – Family First
Airline ticket External links:
United Airlines – Airline Tickets, Travel Deals and Flights
Airline Ticket Giveaway Scam – Snopes.com
Supply and demand External links:
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
[PDF]World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates – USDA
CRS supply and demand – ScienceDirect
Net profit External links:
eBay Listing Fee and Net Profit Calculator | Salecalc.com
Gross Profit Vs. Net Profit | Chron.com
Municipal Net Profit Tax
Price point External links:
Price Point | Used dealership in Traverse City, MI 49686
How much does iPhone 8 cost? Price point details and more
The Best AR-15 Optics at Every Price Point – Guns & Ammo
Opera house External links:
Lexington Opera House – Official Site
Boston Opera House – Official Site
Lebanon Opera House | Official Website
Variable cost External links:
Is labor a fixed or variable cost? – Quora
[PPT]Variable Cost Structure – ★ Nucor Corporation
variable cost – Everything2.com
Revenue management External links:
Model N High Tech Revenue Management
Hotel Revenue Management – EzRMS | Infor
fundamentals of revenue management – coursera.org
Die Zeit External links:
Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück (TV Movie 2017) – IMDb
Allein gegen die Zeit – Der Film (2016) – IMDb
DIE ZEIT (@DIEZEIT) | Twitter
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – TheFreeDictionary
Experimental economics External links:
Experimental Economics – Springer
ESA – Experimental Economics | ESA
“Experimental Economics” by Elizabeth Hoffman
National Railway External links:
Canadian National Railway Company (CNI) – Yahoo Finance
Canadian National Railway Map – ACW Railway Company
Dynamic packaging External links:
Travel Tech Thursdays Ep 5: Dynamic Packaging – YouTube
Dynamic Packaging Design Buffalo NY – The Design …
Dynamic Packaging – YouTube
Variable pricing External links:
Variable Pricing 101 | MoPac Improvement Project
Variable Pricing FAQ page – Penn State Nittany Lions
Variable pricing — AccountingTools
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
ICE 3 Deutsche Bahn von Piko [HD] [3D] – YouTube
Home | Deutsche Bahn
Price discrimination External links:
Price Discrimination – Investopedia
MBAecon – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Price discrimination
3 Types of Price Discrimination | Chron.com
Inverse probability External links:
2 Inverse probability of treatment weighting
Behind the Numbers: Inverse Probability Weighting | Radiology
[PDF]5 Methods Based on Inverse Probability Weighting …
Global Distribution System External links:
What is a GDS (Global Distribution System)?
Global Distribution System (GDS) by SiteMinder
Global Distribution System (GDS) for Hotels | innRoad
Market segmentation External links:
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
What is Market Segmentation? definition and meaning
Market Segmentation – Investopedia
Customer satisfaction External links:
JCPenney Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Customer Satisfaction Program – Welcome
Wawa Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
Vending machine External links:
How Much Does the Average Vending Machine Earn? | …
DIY CANDY DISPENSER Cardboard vending Machine – …
Vending Machine Locator – We’re Vending Locators
Dynamic programming External links:
[PDF]A CHILD’S GUIDE TO DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING
Dynamic Programming Practice Problems
Production management External links:
Dental Lab Customer and Production Management – …
Yield Management External links:
KLA-Tencor – Process Control and Yield Management …
Yield Management Solutions Digital Magazine
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
The Coca-Cola Company External links:
The Coca-Cola Company : Login
The Coca-Cola Company Sweetener Challenge – HeroX
Careers: The Coca-Cola Company
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Lithexcel, Marketing and Communications Service Provider
Financial markets External links:
Trade Now – Prestige Financial Markets
Financial Markets – RMIT University