What is involved in continuous moves
Find out what the related areas are that continuous moves connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous moves thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous moves journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous moves leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous moves related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous moves, Continuous delivery, Amazon.com, Application lifecycle management, Application release automation, Architecturally significant requirements, Branching, Build automation, Build management, Change management, Continuous configuration automation, Continuous integration, Continuous testing, DevOps, Facebook, Feature toggle, Google, Paddy Power, Poka-Yoke, Release management, Software configuration management, Software engineering, Software release, Source control, Version control, Wells Fargo, WinOps, Yahoo.com:
continuous moves Critical Criteria:
Communicate about continuous moves outcomes and pioneer acquisition of continuous moves systems.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of continuous moves into the services that we provide?
– Which continuous moves goals are the most important?
– What threat is continuous moves addressing?
Continuous delivery Critical Criteria:
Chart Continuous delivery adoptions and tour deciding if Continuous delivery progress is made.
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your continuous moves strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– Are accountability and ownership for continuous moves clearly defined?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
– What will drive continuous moves change?
Amazon.com Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Amazon.com issues and summarize a clear Amazon.com focus.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the continuous moves process?
– Have all basic functions of continuous moves been defined?
– Are we Assessing continuous moves and Risk?
Application lifecycle management Critical Criteria:
Match Application lifecycle management adoptions and look in other fields.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once continuous moves is underway?
– When a continuous moves manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What business benefits will continuous moves goals deliver if achieved?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Adapt Application release automation issues and find answers.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your continuous moves processes?
– What are specific continuous moves Rules to follow?
Architecturally significant requirements Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Architecturally significant requirements strategies and differentiate in coordinating Architecturally significant requirements.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate continuous moves delivery for example is new software needed?
– To what extent does management recognize continuous moves as a tool to increase the results?
Branching Critical Criteria:
Group Branching leadership and pay attention to the small things.
– What management system can we use to leverage the continuous moves experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we all define continuous moves in the same way?
– How do we keep improving continuous moves?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Build automation tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Build automation and constraints.
– What are our best practices for minimizing continuous moves project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the continuous moves project lifecycle?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your continuous moves activities?
Build management Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Build management projects and maintain Build management for success.
– What are our needs in relation to continuous moves skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are all of our continuous moves domains and what do they do?
– Will continuous moves deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Change management goals and look at it backwards.
– Workforce Change Management How do you prepare your workforce for changing capability and capacity needs? How do you manage your workforce, its needs, and your needs to ensure continuity, prevent workforce reductions, and minimize the impact of workforce reductions, if they do become necessary? How do you prepare for and manage periods of workforce growth?
– How should projects be phased to allow adequate time for Change Management and organizational acceptance of the selected technologies?
– Have all the major Change Management issues associated with the preferred alternative been identified and discussed?
– Do you have formalized processes for organizational change management within your organization?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Does your organization have a preferred organizational change management methodology?
– Are CSI and organizational change underpinned by Kotters change management best practices?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– What is the latest success strategy in change management?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– What is the Change Management process?
– Why do we need Change Management?
– When to start Change Management?
Continuous configuration automation Critical Criteria:
Debate over Continuous configuration automation outcomes and describe which business rules are needed as Continuous configuration automation interface.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of continuous moves?
– Who needs to know about continuous moves ?
Continuous integration Critical Criteria:
Participate in Continuous integration failures and separate what are the business goals Continuous integration is aiming to achieve.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of continuous moves product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective continuous moves leader?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving continuous moves forward?
– Will we use Continuous Integration?
Continuous testing Critical Criteria:
Discuss Continuous testing failures and reduce Continuous testing costs.
– Does the continuous moves task fit the clients priorities?
DevOps Critical Criteria:
Differentiate DevOps goals and explore and align the progress in DevOps.
– So, is DevOps a flash in the pan, an industry buzzword, or a new approach that will be cool for a couple of years and then superceded by the next big thing?
– What is the percentage improvement, increase, or reduction for each of the quantifiable benefits you have seen?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– DevOps is fundamentally changing IT delivery models How can DevOps help your organization?
– Would it surprise you to find that most software issues are due to configuration errors?
– WHAT DEVOPS ACTIVITIES HAS YOUR ORGANIZATION INVESTED IN OVER THE LAST 12 MONTHS?
– Has the wider business seen any measurable benefits from implementing DevOps?
– Top concerns that we hear from customers are How can we release on-time?
– Do you have any DevOps-specific roles in your organization?
– Do we need more information on shared goals in DevOps?
– HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO RESET A TESTING ENVIRONMENT?
– Can they tell you what production looks like?
– What are some key principles of measurement?
– Are teams deploying code or containers?
– HOW CAN DEVOPS HELP YOUR ORGANIZATION?
– What is the interview process?
– Why this is good for security?
– Why is this good for security?
– How can DevOps benefit you?
– Do we really need DevOps?
Facebook Critical Criteria:
Learn from Facebook failures and track iterative Facebook results.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent continuous moves services/products?
– Facebook: does using facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– Does using Facebook for discussions in an online course enhance perceived social presence and student interaction?
– How do mission and objectives affect the continuous moves processes of our organization?
– Is maximizing continuous moves protection the same as minimizing continuous moves loss?
– Why is it so hard to develop a mental model of facebooks information architecture?
– Why are investors so optimistic about facebook?
Feature toggle Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Feature toggle visions and triple focus on important concepts of Feature toggle relationship management.
– What vendors make products that address the continuous moves needs?
Google Critical Criteria:
Face Google management and observe effective Google.
– We keep record of data and store them in cloud services; for example Google Suite. There are data protection tools provided and security rules can be set. But who has the responsibility for securing them – us or Google?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding continuous moves?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– How can skill-level changes improve continuous moves?
– How can the value of continuous moves be defined?
Paddy Power Critical Criteria:
Explore Paddy Power management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Paddy Power projects.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its continuous moves processes?
Poka-Yoke Critical Criteria:
Define Poka-Yoke issues and oversee Poka-Yoke requirements.
– In the case of a continuous moves project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a continuous moves project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any continuous moves project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we measure improved continuous moves service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are internal and external continuous moves relations?
Release management Critical Criteria:
Reason over Release management tasks and balance specific methods for improving Release management results.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect continuous moves workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Information/context awareness: how can a developer/participant restore awareness in project activity after having been offline for a few hours, days, or weeks?
– What is, really, the difference between development and innovation, i.e. how big or radical do changes have to be to warrant the label innovation ?
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– What theoretical and methodological tools are available to us as researchers to study such aspects of Release Management?
– In some projects up to 85% of the changes are performed by a small core of developers, what space for innovation is left?
– Does it avoid poorly executed software handoffs between development, testing, and operations?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– What will happen to the software configuration of a customer, when she updates a certain component?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing continuous moves?
– Where do requirements come from (and what should we do about it)?
– Are there any guarantees that the project will ever be completed?
– When should sunk cost be abandoned and new solutions sought ?
– What tools and techniques are use to support these activities?
– What can a cms do for an open source project?
– Who must complete a release management plan?
– How do we know that all tasks are complete?
– what is NEXT FOR RELEASE MANAGEMENT AND DEVOPS?
– Can you Reduce your release window by 90%?
– When to buy vs. build ?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Trace Software configuration management quality and innovate what needs to be done with Software configuration management.
– How can you negotiate continuous moves successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there a continuous moves Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– What are our continuous moves Processes?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Software engineering decisions and probe Software engineering strategic alliances.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– How do we ensure that implementations of continuous moves products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Do we have past continuous moves Successes?
Software release Critical Criteria:
Generalize Software release tasks and arbitrate Software release techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to continuous moves? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether continuous moves goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is continuous moves dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Source control Critical Criteria:
X-ray Source control adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How important is continuous moves to the user organizations mission?
– Do you use source control?
Version control Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Version control governance and change contexts.
– How can you experiment with a complex change and benefit from the version control system without making the change public?
– Is the continuous moves organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed continuous moves opportunities costing us money?
– Will you be using a standard naming format and version control?
– How do we improve the way that we use version control?
– What goes under version control?
– Is the scope of continuous moves defined?
Wells Fargo Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Wells Fargo adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Wells Fargo services.
– For your continuous moves project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a continuous moves strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
WinOps Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to WinOps planning and test out new things.
– Does continuous moves include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Yahoo.com Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Yahoo.com tasks and proactively manage Yahoo.com risks.
– Does continuous moves systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Supporting continuous moves documentation required?
– Who sets the continuous moves standards?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous moves Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous moves External links:
Owner Operators – Dedicated and Continuous Moves …
Continuous Moves (Part 1) | Logistics Viewpoints
Continuous moves here up to where cracks widens. Hey …
Continuous delivery External links:
Continuous Delivery (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Continuous Delivery – CA Technologies
What is Continuous Delivery? – Continuous Delivery
Amazon.com External links:
Amazon.com: Interesting Finds
Application lifecycle management External links:
[PDF]What is Application Lifecycle Management?
[PDF]Application Lifecycle Management – Deloitte
SoftLanding :: Application Lifecycle Management
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation with Database Automation
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Application Release Automation (ARA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Architecturally significant requirements External links:
Concept: Architecturally Significant Requirements
[PDF]Architecturally Significant Requirements, …
Branching External links:
Glass City Federal Credit Union | Shared Branching
Git – Basic Branching and Merging
Build automation External links:
Best Build Automation Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Build management External links:
Change management External links:
What is change management? – Definition from WhatIs.com
DCCA Change Management
CDT Releases Organizational Change Management and …
Continuous integration External links:
Learning Continuous Integration with Jenkins PDF Free Download, Reviews, Read Online, ISBN: B01BFD2Z2G, By Nikhil Pathania
Continuous integration in .NET (eBook, 2011) …
Continuous Integration Using Salesforce DX – Trailhead
Continuous testing External links:
Continuous Testing – Home – Continuous Testing
Continuous Testing – CA Technologies
[PDF]Continuous Testing Program The leader in “Remote” …
DevOps External links:
What is your job title? : devops – reddit
What Is a DevOps Engineer? | Puppet
Debating the “DevOps” Job Title – DZone
Facebook External links:
Facebook – Log In or Sign Up
Yahoo – Home | Facebook
Facebook (@facebook) | Twitter
Feature toggle External links:
NGX Feature Toggle – npm
ruby – Sinatra API feature toggle – Stack Overflow
Log in – Feature Toggle Manager
Google External links:
Paddy Power External links:
Paddy Power Betfair backs curbs on fixed-odds betting …
Horse Racing Betting Odds & Results from Paddy Power
ONLINE SLOTS | Play slot machines with Paddy Power …
Poka-Yoke External links:
[PPT]Mistake Proofing & Poka-yoke – landp.com.au
Poka-Yoke | Michel Baudin’s Blog
[PDF]Poka-Yoke Presentation for ASQ
Release management External links:
What is Release Management? | Release Management
Software configuration management External links:
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear Case …
[PDF]Software Configuration Management
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Institute
Software release External links:
TaxAct 2017 Professional Tax Software Release Dates
November 2017 Software Release Highlights – Orion …
Software Release History | Sendio
Source control External links:
visual studio – Using Source Control – Stack Overflow
Is there a way to source control Tableau? |Tableau …
Version control External links:
VisualSVN – Subversion-based version control for Windows
List history on branch | Version Control Systems | …
Git and TFVC version control | Microsoft Docs
Wells Fargo External links:
Sign on to View Your Wells Fargo Advisors Accounts
eServices Sign On – Wells Fargo Dealer Services
Identity Theft Protection Plans – Sign In – Wells Fargo
WinOps External links:
WinOps London – Meetup
WinOps | The conference dedicated to DevOps in a Windows …
[PDF]WinOPS Version 6x and higher End Of Year Procedures